Love Carried Out
“This is a wonderful day. I’ve never seen this one before.” ~ Maya Angelou
That is the simple truth and yet, something about it is awfully familiar. I am still me and you are still you. The struggle and joy of everything still fills me.
As June has a way of reminding me, everything is changing. The graduations, the transitions and anniversaries, and the explosion of summer expectations are beautiful and troubling. The world does not stop spinning and neither do I. As seasons shift so does the pace of congregational life. But I think I still need to come to UUCMC to deal with all of it, and to know I am not alone in the struggle. And, there are some good things to savor. Here is my list of beautiful UU things:
- We will mobilize to fight for reproductive justice as our values are under attack again.
- Your generosity in supporting this congregation and these values.
- The creative and kind people I get to work with.
- Gratitude for another year of good ministry with you.
- A new chapter beginning! July brings the start of co-ministry!
Keeping the faith all year,