The mission of the UUCMC Program Committee is to provide excellent worship services that:
- inspire and inform our diverse religious journeys
- deepen our connections to each other and our shared values
- encourage us to make the world a better place
The Program Committee works with the minister and other related committees to create Unitarian Universalist services. Ministering to a pluralistic religious community, the Program Committee seeks a unique Sunday hour that reinforces our congregation's commitment to compassion, justice, and peace. We hope those who are hurting or bereaved also find comfort in our services. UU principles and sources inform our worship services as we encourage all to walk their own paths of reflection and self-knowledge and help heal a bruised world.
Our Sunday services are varied. There is usually one lay-led service each month. July and August services are lay-led and informal. A few highlights from the past year:
- Bruce Knotts, Executive Director of the UU United Nations Office, speaking on Change the World Before Those Other Guys Do?
- Women and Religion: Three Perspectives ( Baptist, Jewish, Muslim)
- Earth Day: An Intergenerational Celebration Of Our Blue Planet
- Honoring Our Elders: Insights From Some Congregants Who Have Seen the Years Go By
- And Shall Forever Span Them: Reflections On the Oneness of All Living Things, Our Mortality, and the Lives Of Loved Ones That Have Come To an End
- Forty-Seven Theses: Reasons Why Unitarian Universalists Stand On the Side Of Love and Support Same-Sex Marriage
- Guest minister 'Rev. Gil Caldwell led a time of reflection and discussion on what we have learned about ourselves and our nation so far during the historic presidency of our first African-American president.
How to Get Involved With Program Committee
We meet the first Tuesday of each month at 7 PM. Visitors and prospective committee members are welcome. Program benefits from those who offer suggestions for readings, poetry, guest speakers, service topics, etc. More volunteer help is needed staffing the sound booth, and training will be offered. Volunteers are always welcome for art shows, seasonal displays and decor through the aesthetics subcommittee. Assistance with coordinating ushers is requested and appreciated. Come join us at a Program meeting-- bring your energy and vision to help create meaningful services and improve the world. Contact the Program Chair at