Securing Our Future
The purpose of the Endowment Fund is to secure, strengthen and extend the mission and long-term existence of the Unitarian Universalist Congregation of Monmouth County. As such, it is intended to support the financial health of the congregation in perpetuity, with programs and projects funded from the income produced by the fund. Check out the Wake Now Our Vision challenge below!
Some of the ways contributions can be made are as follows:
- Make a tax deductible cash gift.
- Contribute appreciated property, such as stock. This approach can have substantial tax advantages.
- Name the congregation as the beneficiary of a life insurance policy. This provides a tax deduction for the cost of the policy.
- Establish an annuity that will provide you with income for the balance of your life, with the principal going to the Endowment Fund upon your death. This method also provides for some tax deductions to the individual for a portion of the cost of the annuity at the time the annuity is purchased.
- Provide funds from your estate by designating the Congregation as a beneficiary in your will or in a codicil to your will.
Wake Now Our Vision!
For a limited time, UU Congregation at Shelter Rock is offering a 10% matching grant for legacy gifts to our congregation. If you have considered supporting the mission of our congregation even after you’re gone, now is the time to make arrangements. You can find out more about this program at the Wake Now Our Vision (WNOV) Collaborative Campaign Legacy Challenge website. There is a FAQ document with straightforward answers HERE.
If you wish to discuss any of these methods for contributing to our Congregation, a member of the Endowment Committee would be happy to sit down with you at your convenience. Our Administrator can assist you in contacting a current member. Our office number during regular business hours is (732) 747-0707.
You can also get more information about any of these planned giving methods at the UUA website www.uua.org/giving/planned.